Well, come to my article Best facial cleansers review 2023. It is now known that it is important to clean your face properly. Yet you will be surprised that many people still don’t do this or don’t know how to do it. In many cases, the face is then cleaned too often or with the wrong product.
Facial skin that is cleaned poorly or too much will look dull, dry, or, conversely, very oily and restless. In addition, excessive cleaning destroys your skin’s barrier and also removes all the bacteria that keep your skin healthy, the so-called good bacteria.
Cleaning your face is also different for everyone since no skin is the same. So if you’re looking for the best facial cleansers of 2023, it’s important to tailor them to your skin. In practice, this often proves to be a difficult task.
So it’s high time to read this article about cleaning your face. We answer the most frequently asked questions, tell you what to look for when purchasing, and answer the most frequently asked questions about facial cleansers. Our goal is that after reading this article you can choose the best facial cleansers of 2023 for you. This way you will have radiant and sparkling skin in no time.
The 5 best facial cleansers of 2023 highlighted
This ensures well-groomed skin. A 100% natural exfoliant of three types of fine sugar crystals provides a thorough, silky smooth exfoliation. Use this wonderful scrub once a week for optimal results. The skin does not feel pain after use, but is soft and cared for. The scrub smells wonderfully fresh, and I also use it to exfoliate my lips. These are now a lot less dry, and the skins also disappear.
- For a clean, fresh, and well-groomed face
- Reduces the visibility of pores and blackheads
- The skin feels silky soft and reborn
- Scrub with a natural exfoliant
- Gently exfoliate & cleanse
- Oily, Overreactive skin
- Fruit stem cell science
- Ingredient from nature
- Andalou Naturals
Facial cleansers formula specially developed for the daily cleansing of mature skin with impurities and imperfections. The combination of effective ingredients removes impurities and makeup without drying the skin, cleanses deep into the pores, and gently removes dead skin cells.
- Powerful Cleansing
- Complete Natural & Clean ingredients
- Effective blackhead treatment with gentle
- without ANY skin irritation
- Argan Kernel Oil -Packed with Vitamin E
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Moisturizing, Soothing properties
- Nourish skin and keep skin’s moisture and pH balance at check
- 14 Plant derived Oils
- Devoted to making Safe, Pure, Clean Beauty products for everyone
This Garnier Pure Active 3-in-1 Charcoal facial wash is enriched with natural charcoal, known for its absorbent and purifying powers. Effective in reducing visible blackheads.
- As a cleanser: apply daily to a damp face and massage lightly. Rinse well.
- As a scrub: gently massage daily to exfoliate the skin. Rinse well.
- As a mask: apply to the face 3x a week. Leave it on for 5 minutes. Rinse well. Avoid eye contour.
- Combine with a sheet mask: in addition to this cleaning, the Garnier Skin Active pure charcoal tissue mask can be used. This paraben-free mask purifies and refines pores while moisturizing the skin.
- Facial cleanser, mask, and scrub in one product
- Concentrated salicylic acid, which efficiently purifies the skin and removes sebum and impurities such as blackheads
- With charcoal
- In just 1 week: the skin is visibly improved with fewer blackheads and impurities
- In addition to this cleansing, the Garnier Skin Active Pure Charcoal Tissue Mask can be used. This paraben-free mask purifies and refines pores while moisturizing the skin.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel is a mild but effective cleansing for oily skin in teens and adults. This fresh gel cleanser is ideal for acne-prone skin. It removes dirt and sebum from the skin’s surface without disturbing its delicate pH balance. After use, the skin surface feels wonderfully clean. With regular use, blackheads and shine are visibly reduced.
- Cleansing gel for daily use
- Non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog pores
- Alcohol -free
- Tested and found to be effective on acne-prone skin
- Cleanses and purifies the skin without drying it out
- Removes excess sebum to mattify the skin looks
for use How to use Effaclar Purifying Gel
Step 1: First wash hands and nails well.
Step 2: Mix the daily cleansing gel in the morning and evening with lukewarm water (to properly cleanse the pores) and lather in the hands.
Step 3: Apply the cleansing gel to the face, move in circles over the skin and gently massage the product. Focus on the t-zone and neck.
Step 4: Gently rinse with cold water to close pores and pat your face dry with a clean towel.
NIVEA Essentials Soothing Tonic has a moisturizing effect and optimally prepares the skin for the application of a day or night cream. The formula is enriched with natural Almond Oil and Hydra IQ, it deeply refreshes the skin and removes residual dirt. Softens the skin and makes it look healthy and beautiful.
- Purifies the skin thoroughly
- Removes the last remnants of impurities and make-up
- Soothes and moisturizes the skin
- Suitable for dry skin
- Enriched with purified water and almond oil
Information about facial cleansers
Why cleanse your face?
Let’s start by explaining why it’s so important to cleanse your face. What many people don’t realize is that during the day your facial skin is exposed to all kinds of pollutants, bacteria, old skin cells, and viruses. Without cleansing, at some point a layer of dirt will build up on your facial skin that is so thick that your pores will become clogged, allowing blackheads, pimples, allergies, and eczema to have free play. In addition, any other products you use can no longer penetrate your skin, which also increases the risk of rapid skin aging and wrinkles.
The benefits of a facial cleanser at a glance
Now that you know why you should cleanse your face, we will also list the benefits of a facial cleanser for you:
- The best facial cleanser of 2023 takes care of the maintenance of facial skin. There are small glands in your skin that produce oil and sebum. Together, this oil and sebum form a barrier on the skin so that bacteria and harmful substances do not get a hold of your face. By cleaning your skin the right way, you remove the old layer of oil and sebum from your skin. This also removes the harmful substances that this barrier has stopped. This way you give your skin the chance to form a new clean barrier and prevent inflammation and acne.
- A facial cleanser helps prevent skin aging. Dirt and dirt on your skin contribute to dull and quickly aging skin. You can prevent this by using a facial cleanser. In addition, anti-aging products can penetrate faster and deeper into cleansed skin, which effectively prevents skin aging and wrinkles.
- A good facial cleanser contributes to the hydration of the skin. By using a good facial cleanser that suits your skin and skin type, you ensure that the pH value of your skin remains under control. Your skin, therefore, looks well-nourished, healthy, and radiant.
Different types of facial cleansers
Now that you know the benefits of facial cleansing and why you should cleanse your face, you may be wondering which product is the best to do this with. Water alone is not enough and soap and water is certainly not the best option. The choice of a facial cleanser, also called a cleanser, depends on your skin type and what you prefer to use. We, therefore, list the products for you:
A cleansing mousse provides a mild but thorough deep cleansing in which the moisture balance of the facial skin is maintained. It’s a quick and easy way to cleanse your face. You apply the mousse to a damp face and then massage it in with your hands. After letting it soak in, rinse it off with plenty of lukewarm water. A cleansing mousse is suitable for both dry and normal skin.
A cleansing milk is especially suitable for dry skin, as these types of facial cleansers often contain oil. The oil leaves a greasy layer after cleansing, which contributes to the skin’s natural barrier and thus protects the face. The cleansing milk is best applied with a cotton pad and you do not have to rinse it off.
A cleansing gel is excellent for oily or combination skin. You apply the product to damp skin. Make circular movements and massage the gel well. You will see the gel turn into foam. After letting the foam soak in for a while, rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do you get dry or tight skin after using the cleansing gel? Then this product is not good for you and you should try a different type of cleanser.
As indicated, you do not rinse off cleansing milk or cleansing lotion. However, it is not good to leave this entire product on your face. To be able to remove this lotion or milk in a mild way, a so-called toner has been created. This allows you to gently remove the remains of the cleanser from your skin. Where there used to be alcohol in toners that caused your skin to dry out extremely, that is fortunately no longer the case today. If you use a facial cleanser (i.e. milk or lotion), choose a toner that suits your skin type for a complete cleansing of your skin.
At first glance, micellar water just looks like water in a bottle, but nothing could be further from the truth. However, you can see it as a cleanser and toner in one. Micellar water is very suitable for sensitive skin. Where you would normally use cleansing milk and toner for sensitive skin, this is no longer necessary with micellar water. Moreover, micellar water is often suitable for the entire face, so you no longer need a specific cleaner for the eyes or lips.
Clay or clay
Clay (in English clay) is known for its absorbent effect. Because clay pulls excess fat and toxins out of your pores, it is a very good way to cleanse the face. Klein or clay is ideal for oily and combination skins.
A gentle scrub removes dead skin cells, dirt, and excess sebum from your skin. This makes your skin glow and gives you a healthy fresh complexion. However, do not use the scrub every day as it can irritate your skin and cause red spots. Exfoliating too much can also cause your skin to produce more sebum, which can clog your pores. You then actually achieve the opposite of a good cleaning. Do not use a scrub more than once a week.
How do you choose a good facial cleanser?
To choose the right facial cleanser, it is important that you know what kind of skin you have. It is important that you avoid facial cleansers with a high alcohol content if you have dry skin. This will only dry out your skin further. If you suffer from oily skin, you will benefit most from a facial cleanser with a lower pH value. For sensitive skin, a basic cleanser without fragrances and heavy additives is the best choice. Most cleansers marketed as “mild” are great at removing dirt, bacteria, and harmful substances without overly drying or irritating the skin. By choosing a facial cleanser with a balanced pH, you help to maintain the natural balance of your skin.
How did this list of best facial cleansers come about?
To create our list of the best facial cleansers of 2023, we first test and compare the products ourselves. In addition, we consult with the largest beauty brands in the USA and various research doctors in dermatology. It goes without saying that we have also included the assessment of larger and smaller providers such as Netherlands, and Elle, and the test results of independent comparison sites such as the Consumers’ Association and Kieskeurig to draw up our list of the best facial cleansers of 2023 for you.
Frequently asked questions about facial cleansers
What is the difference between a tonic and a toner?
The terms tonic and toner are often used interchangeably. It is therefore not surprising that many people think that this is one and the same product. Nothing could be further from the truth. There is indeed a difference between a tonic and a toner.
A tonic is a facial cleanser. So the so-called facial cleanser and therefore the product that this article is all about. So you cleanse your skin with a tonic. It is the first product you use during your facial care routine. A tonic has a disinfecting effect and removes dirt and grime from your face. Often a tonic also dries out your skin a bit, creating that clean and fresh feeling. A toner, on the other hand, actually does the exact opposite.
You use a toner afterward your tonic or as indicated earlier in this article after your cleansing milk. It not only removes the last remnants of facial cleanser from your face, it also ensures a good moisture balance in your face and contributes to strengthening your skin barrier. It is important that you use a toner that suits your skin type. For example, oily skin needs different ingredients than normal skin. In addition, a good toner contains mild ingredients that soothe and protect your face.
How many times a day should I use my facial cleanser?
Opinions vary somewhat about how many times a day you should use a facial cleanser. In any case, it is important to cleanse your face in the evening before going to sleep and never go to sleep with make-up on. Removing dirt and impurities before bed allows your skin to breathe and renew itself while you sleep. It is recommended to also cleanse your skin in the morning. If you take a shower every morning, this is not necessary, but if you do this at a different time, cleaning your face after sleeping is recommended.